When you talk about garages, you don’t usually think of them as having different types. In reality, however, there are many different types of garages, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. If you are getting ready to build a new garage on your property, it might be worthwhile to review the various options available, so you can determine which is best for your needs.
Different Garage Options
If you take a look around when driving through your neighborhood or out further into your city, you’ll notice that countless different types of garages are used to accomplish various goals. There really isn’t a set number of garages on the market, as you can always design a custom structure that fits into the category of a garage but is adapted to suit your needs. With that said, many garages will fit into these categories:
- Standard garage. This is the basic garage that usually has room for a couple of cars and a little bit of additional storage. A standard garage can be built separately as a stand-alone structure. The popularity of standard garages is no surprise as these types of spaces can do a little bit of everything and the use for the space inside a typical garage can easily evolve over time.
- Oversized garage. For those with a need for more space than is offered by a typical two-car garage, an oversized version may be required. This could mean that the garage is particularly wide–wide enough for three or four cars–or it could be that it is taller than normal to make room for an RV, boat, or another large piece of equipment.
- Garage/workshop combination. If you would like to work on projects in an enclosed space, a garage and workshop combo is the right way to go. You might simply build a three or four car garage that is used for parking on one side and workshop activities on the other. Or, you could build a divided space that formally has room for parking and projects. That’s a good approach if your workshop activities tend to generate a mess you want to keep that away from your vehicles.
Customization is the Key
When thinking about building a new garage on your property, the key to the project is working with a partner that will make it easy for you to customize the building from top to bottom. Customization is what will allow you to get exactly what you want from your garage, and it will ensure that this building can work well for you many years into the future.
To make sure the customization process is an easy one, and to make sure you have all the features available that you want to add, go with a metal garage. Carport Kingdom offers a Build & Price tool that allows you to create and visualize your ideal garage. You’ll have complete control over crafting your custom garage and adding every feature you’d like to see. Plus, you’ll get a free quote for your structure so you can budget your project.
So what are some popular features you might want to add to your new metal garage? Here are just a few options:
- Doors. In addition to the big roll-up doors you would associate with a garage, you can also add a standard walk-in door to create an entryway that people can use when it’s not necessary to open up the big doors at the front.
- Windows. It’s easy to add a window or two to your new metal garage, which will help you promote comfortable air movement through the space.
- Color options. With so many color options available when you order a metal structure, you can decide if you want something that matches other buildings on the property or something that stands in contrast to everything else.
Build Your Custom Garage
When you take a closer look at the different types of garages available, it’s easy to see why metal garages have become such a popular option in recent years. With a long list of benefits building a metal garage is something you’ll wish you had done sooner. For any help with the process, or to get started with your order, contact us to work with a friendly member of our team. Thanks for visiting!